Here are some sample Cue card topics for IELTS. Practice is the most important requirement to score high in the exam.
- Describe a change that can improve your locality.
Build your course around the following points:
- What is the change?
- How do you think it will affect the locality? What benefits do you expect from it?
- How do you plan to sustain it?
- How can it be taken as an example for a bigger scenario?
2. Describe a skill that you would like to learn.
Include the following points:
- What is the skill?
- Why do you want to learn it?
- How do you plan to learn it?
- What are its benefits and implications in your life?
3. What would you do if you get a lot of money?
- Build your description around the following points:
- Describe how you would spend it?
- Why did you choose only these expenses?
4. Describe a time when you were locked down in your home?
Base your description around the following points:
- Why did it happen?
- How did you use that time? Any upskilling if you did?
- Did it change anything in your nature or routine permanently?
5. Describe an important technological product you recently bought.
- What is the product?
- When and from where did you buy it?
- Describe the usage? Has it added any benefit to your life?
6. Describe the best attractions of your city
- Which city you live in?
- What are its famous attractions and why are they famous?
- How many have you visited?
- Do you have any favourites out of them?
7. Describe a famous personality that you would like to meet.
- Who is that personality?
- What do you like about him/her?
- Why do you want to meet only them?
8. Describe a trip with your friends that you enjoyed.
- Where did you all go?
- How was the place?
- What all did you do there?
- Talk about the planning of the trip
- What did you like most about the place and if you will revisit it?
9. Describe an adventure activity that you did.
- What was the activity?
- Was it planned or spontaneous?
- Did you really want to do it or just happened under peer pressure?
- Did you like the experience?
10. Describe a movie or OTT show that you watched recently.
- What was the name of the show? Which platform?
- Talk about the actors, the famous ones or the new ones, their qualities.
- Talk about the theme, the storyline, and if it has any relevance to our life.
- Why did you like it?